Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Officially Started!

Well yesterday was my first "official" day of training for the training schedule I'm doing! You can find it on the training tab up top. I was supposed to do strength & stretching. I did a mile on the treadmill to warm up and then did roughly 40mins of upper body strength training. I like using free weights and my own body weight to do strength training. Sometimes I will use machines, but not very often. Even after adjusting them, they tend to not "feel" right or someone is always hovering over me to use it. We have two big gyms on base and right now the biggest one is getting the floors re-done. Soooooo everybody and their mother was at the other gym today. There's a crossfit gym I like to go to as well, but I saw the parking lot slammed as I drove by so I said no sir. I went to the other one and luckily there were a few treadmills open and the weight room wasn't too bad. Didn't really wake up sore, so that's a good thing I suppose. But I'm one of those people that likes to wake up sore because then I know I had a good workout the day before, haha! I feel it in my triceps though, yay :) Later today I plan on running 3 miles.

Well I have to pop over to work now. We are taking the camp kids to the beach today, whoop whoop! Too bad these beach trips are making me have like 7 different shades of skin color. Oh well, can't really complain about hanging out at the beach for work haha. (And by beach I really mean Lake Ontario).

No comments:

Post a Comment